- Make sure your razor isn't old and dull. Use a new one more often than not, and clean it regularly.
- Shave in the direction of the hair growth. WITH the grain, not against.
- Shave in the shower or right after shower when hair has had time to soften. Never dry-shave.
- Consistently use a fragrance and dye free shaving cream for sensitive skin.
- Always apply a moisturizer after shaving.
- If prone to folliculitis or "razor burn", apply a topical antibiotic like benzoyl peroxide and/or clindamycin after shaving. Our Germain Rx Rejuvenation Pads or the 'Bump & Blemish' serum is ideal for those prone to razor burn, post shave breakouts and general shaving irritations.
Friday, April 10, 2015
Beards Be Gone~ Men's Shaving 101
The cold months are gone and summer temps are here. It's time to shave those beards and put your best face forward. Here are some great tips on how to get the closest, smoothest shave this summer from our Germain Dermatology PA Lousia Floyd.