- Hydrate your skin from the inside out by drinking lots of water and increasing your intake of Omega 3s (by diet is best, but supplements are also good).
- Cut back on long HOT showers or baths.
- Don’t over exfoliate. While gentle exfoliation, or the use of a Clairisonic cleansing brush is good, many people think using scrubs and harsh exfoliation methods will help get rid of dry skin and flakes- but it actually makes it worse.
- Wash your face 2x a day using cool water, without a wash cloth.
- Use a soap-free cleanser (cream cleansers are best, such as our Germain Rx Restorative Cream Cleanser)
- Moisturize within 3 minutes of cleansing or bathing. Upgrading to a heavier, cream based moisturizer this time of year is also a good idea, or using body oil when getting out of the shower.
Looking for an easy route? Update your skin care routine with the Germain Rx Silk Regimen.
The Silk regimen is great for all skin types and can be used for the entire body. It soothes and moisturizes dehydrated, scaly skin using Vitamins A, C, E, with Co-Q10, Green Tea Extract, and Glycolic Acid. The regimen includes: Germain Rx Skin Smoothing Body Wash, Skin Smoothing Body Lotion, Heel & Elbow Cream and Intensive Hand Cream.
See below for more great tips on 'Winterizing Your Skin' from Dr. Germain~